Sterling Debit Business MasterCard®
At Park Sterling Bank, you’ll receive a debit card with your Business checking account. Your Park Sterling Bank Debit/ATM Card can be used at millions of locations and ATMs worldwide. Each time you swipe your debit card, your purchases are deducted directly from your Business checking account.
Keeping your financial information safe and secure is one of our highest priorities at Park Sterling.
Enhanced Security Measures
Due to a significant increase in debit card security breaches, we are taking extra precautions.
Here are some steps you can take to help prevent security complications when using your debit card:
- Contact your local branch before you travel out of state so those transactions do not compromise your account.
- Through your online banking account, sign up for estatements and set up account balance, deposit, and withdrawal alerts.
- Do not keep your PIN number with your card.
Sterling Debit Business MasterCard® with Chip Technology
We are happy to be partnering with MasterCard as our debit card service provider. With the Sterling Debit Business MasterCard, you will have access to additional benefits on your debit card such as:
- MasterCard Global Service™¹
- Master Coverage
- MasterCard Airport Concierge™
- Purchase Assurance
- Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Chip Technology
What is chip card technology?
Use your card at chip-enabled terminals and ATMs in the U.S. and around the world to give your purchases an extra layer of security.
- The computer chip on the front of the card creates a unique transaction code for every transaction.
- The code cannot be used more than once. If transaction data is stolen, it will not work and transactions will be declined.
In the fall of 2015, many retailers in the U.S. updated their credit card terminals in order to accept more secure chip card transactions. If a retailer or ATM does not have chip terminals yet, you can still swipe as you do now.
How to use your new chip card at chip terminals and ATMs:
- Insert your
chip card into
- Follow prompt
to enter your
PIN or to sign.
MasterCard and BusinessCard are registered trademarks and MasterCard Global Service, MasterCard Airport Concierge are
trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated, used pursuant to a license.
¹Certain restrictions apply. For details, see the Guide to Benefits that will be sent with your new card.
²Certain restrictions apply. See www.mastercard.us/zero-liability for details.