Sterling Debit MasterCard®
At Park Sterling Bank, you’ll receive a debit card with your checking account. Your Park Sterling Bank Debit/ATM Card can be used at millions of locations and ATMs worldwide. Each time you swipe your debit card your purchases are deducted directly from your checking account.
Keeping your financial information safe and secure is one of our highest priorities at Park Sterling.
Enhanced Security Measures
Due to a significant increase in debit card security breaches, we are taking extra precautions.
Here are some steps you can take to help prevent security complications when using your debit card:
- Contact your local branch before you travel out of state so those transactions do not compromise your account.
- Use the Debit On/Off feature through the Park Sterling Mobile App (download here for iPhone, iPad or Google Android) which allows you to turn off your debit card in between transactions.
- Through your online banking account, set up account balance, deposit, and withdrawal alerts.
- Do not keep your PIN number with your card.
We are happy to be partnering with MasterCard as our debit card service provider. With the Sterling Debit MasterCard, you will have access to additional benefits on your debit card such as:
- MasterCard Global Service™¹
- Zero liability protection for unauthorized purchases²
- Extended warranty²
- Price Protection²
- Satisfaction Guarantee²
- Chip Technology
Sterling Debit MasterCard® with Chip Technology
What is chip card technology?
Use your card at chip-enabled terminals and ATMs in the U.S. and around the world to give your purchases an extra layer of security.
- The computer chip on the front of the card creates a unique transaction code for every transaction.
- The code cannot be used more than once. If transaction data is stolen, it will not work and transactions will be declined.
In the fall of 2015, many retailers in the U.S. updated their credit card terminals in order to accept more secure chip card transactions. If a retailer or ATM does not have chip terminals yet, you can still swipe as you do now.
How to use your new chip card at chip terminals and ATMs:
- Insert your
chip card into
- Follow prompt
to enter your
PIN or to sign.
MasterCard is a registered trademark and MasterCard Global Service is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated, used pursuant to a license.
¹Certain restrictions apply. For details, see the Guide to Benefits that will be sent with your new card.
²Certain restrictions apply. See www.mastercard.us/zero-liability for details.